Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Work moving ahead

Today we made more progress getting our camper ready. We finished removing the bed frame from the front room, and built a new bed frame in the back room. Lisa and our niece also covered the windows in the front room, with window film that lets in light, but you cannot see through. We did this because as we have said before, the front room is going to be our home office. We are planning on putting two desks and PCs in it, so we wanted the light, but didn't want people to see the computers. I built a bed frame for a queen bed and hinged the top so we could access it from unside. It was not very hard to do, I used 2 x 2s for the framing to keep down the weight, and the saved paneling from the frame that was in the front room to skirt it. The only problem I had was the heater vent in the floor. I took care of this by building a box that would redirect the air and still have to cut the vent hole in the side of the frame skirt. I used some 1/4 plywood for the box and insulated it with insulation board on the inside. Basically building a duct, that goes out the side of the bed frame. Then I used 15/32 inch plywood for the top, and hinged it so I could have access. The fresh water tank and the water pump are under this bed as well as extra storage. Now instead of accessing the water pump from the small outside access door, I can raise the bed top and have plenty of room. Hope you enjoy the picture, we'll keep posting as the work progresses.






Have fun and Happy Rving.

No comments:

Post a Comment